বৃহস্পতিবার, ২২ নভেম্বর, ২০১২

Miss E slowly conquering the music industry | The Confidente

Esmeralda

WITH a number of creative and a human resource diplo?mas and certificates from re?nowned Namibian arts institutions, she now feels more than enough equipped and mentally prepared to take on, with a bang, the very competitive and diverse lo?cal music industry, where so many others have failed.
This determined gospel and soulful singer in her mid-twenties, Esmeralda Katjikuru, was born and bred in the rural town of Maltahohe in the south-west of the country.
?I grew up in a God fearing family and started singing as a primary school learn?er at the age of eight years, singing gospel and Christmas songs at Sunday school in Maltahohe. At that age my mother pur?chased me a keyboard with which I musi?cally accompanied myself during presen?tations. That was the start of me learning to play the piano, a musical instrument I love to play,? said the girl, whose musical stage name is Esme Miss E.
The young budding singer along with four of her friends formed a teenage girl group called the ?Top Girls.?
?Top Girls were very popular and much in demand at weddings, parties and church events in Maltahohe,? asserted Esmeralda, who has joined on stage bands such as the Ugly Creatures and had been backed by Heritage Band.
She completed matric in 2005 at Mariental Secondary School where she was elected as a school choir leader, after that time she moved to the capital to further her studies in humanities at Lingua College.
?In fact, I wanted to study to become a doctor, but finances prevented me to achieve that life-long ambition. Instead, I studied human resources at college. I have also joined musical forces with gospel groups such as Trinity Gos?pel Band and the Adorations Worshippers. My music studies at Semitone Music College came in very handy, learning all about voice care, voice techniques and voice control,? the friendly, articulated and soft spoken singer said.
Esmeralda is determined to steadily calve her professional music way to the top of the Namibian singing and music ladder nationally and hopes in future to break into the international market.
?To achieve this I need to keep intact the complete package of my character as a caring, not to disappoint my mother and my two sisters, respectful and consider?ing religious person, as a role model to the youth and not to indulge in the use of alcohol and/ or drugs. In fact, I do not do clubbing, but prefer to do the motiva?tional speech cycle. I?d also like to become a super star like my idol, the late Whitney Houston, who started her singing career singing in church,?? the born again Chris?tian, who also adores and admires the music of American singers Juanita By?num and Alicia Keys, said.
Esmeralda, who recently performed at the Windhoek Jazz Festival with the Ugly Creatures, considers herself to be a role model to many Namibian youths who look up to her.
?Conquering the music world in my view is not about the fame, fortune and glamour, but to artistically express me in the best sort of way and be appreciated by many youths as well as adults locally and around the world. As a diva with self-confidence and a solidly grounded person I belief I can achieve all my goals, hopes, dreams and aspirations running my own music and business affairs,? she said con?fidently.
The articulated musician pride herself having organized her personal appearanc?es at music festivals around the country.
?I am very selective in my choices for one has to be very careful what one lets oneself into. The music world can be very competitive and dangerous for new up?coming singers and performers. Luckily my church is very much involved in my singing career. My career is tightly inter?twined with my church and I give prefer?ence to my church,? said Miss E, who is also inspired by opera music.
Esmeralda is proud to say she writes and composes her own music and has al?ready produced her first CD, Perfect Plan in 2009.
?All 1,000 copies of Perfect Plan had been sold out. Since then I have been invited as a guest singer by the National Theatre of Namibia (NTN) at the popular Last Band Standing and the Sister Namib?ia?s Sister Thang. Currently, I am very busy writing and composing a second CD of an inspirational nature,? Esmeralda, whose Face book name is Esme Esmeralda Katji?kuru, concluded.

By Frederick B. Philander

Source: http://www.confidente.com.na/2012/11/22/miss-e-slowly-conquering-the-music-industry/

mike wallace mike wallace chicago cubs split pea soup recipe the client list yahoo.com/mail baylor

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন